Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 21, 2011, 04:05 PM   #1
cubanmiami05
macrumors newbie

How to update Iphone 3gs from 4.1 to 4.3.3

Hello , I have an Iphone 3gs with the iPad Baseband (16.5.00) with 4.1 (ipsw) I would love to update it to 4.3.3 , but when Im updating it with iTunes it said that "this device is not supported" I try with stock ipsw and Custom Ipsw from pwnage ... I try it in Windows and Mac !! in different computers , different Sytems(Snow leopard, lion) and it give me the same error !!!

Thanks in advance !!!
cubanmiami05 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 04:06 PM   #2
sakau2007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanmiami05 View Post
Hello , I have an Iphone 3gs with the iPad Baseband (16.5.00) with 4.1 (ipsw) I would love to update it to 4.3.3 , but when Im updating it with iTunes it said that "this device is not supported" I try with stock ipsw and Custom Ipsw from pwnage ... I try it in Windows and Mac !! in different computers , different Sytems(Snow leopard, lion) and it give me the same error !!!

Thanks in advance !!!
Don't mean to hijack your thread... but is there a reason you don't want iOS 5? It seems like a solid upgrade all around over the 4.x.x systems. If you are afraid it will slow your phone down to a halt, I know a couple of my friends with the 3GS who are running iOS 5 and it runs like a champ.
sakau2007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 04:10 PM   #3
cubanmiami05
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakau2007 View Post
Don't mean to hijack your thread... but is there a reason you don't want iOS 5? It seems like a solid upgrade all around over the 4.x.x systems. If you are afraid it will slow your phone down to a halt, I know a couple of my friends with the 3GS who are running iOS 5 and it runs like a champ.
Thanks for the fast response , Actually Im doing it right know , but the only down side is that the jailbreak in iOS 5 is tethered so , every time that the phone is turn off or something I'll have to connect it to the computer but if that is the only solution Im doing it right now just to test it !! thanks btw
cubanmiami05 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone