Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:27 PM   #1
matt90036
macrumors regular

how to disable iMessage?

how do I disable iMessage on my iPad? I don't use it and it takes space on my screen. I checked restrictions but I didn't see any options to turn it off. what am I missing here?
matt90036 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:46 PM   #2
C N Reilly
macrumors regular

You can turn off iMessage by going to the Messages tab in settings and simply sliding the iMessage button to "off". However, I don't think that has any effect on the icon. I believe Apple treats it like the other built-in "important" apps on the front home screen: You can move it if you like, but you can never delete it.

I seem to recall reading about some people who never use certain built-in apps who just dumped all those icons into a single folder and then dragged that all the way to the end of the last page of icons....
C N Reilly is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier