Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C N Reilly

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
Here's a problem I've been having since iOS 5 beta 1: As long as any bookmark syncing is turned on, either via iCloud or via MobileMe before that, then any attempt to type something into Safari's address bar brings the browser to a complete halt the moment you type the first letter. It then takes anywhere from 1 to almost 6 or 7 seconds before the dropdown list finally appears.

Doesn't matter whether it's iPad or iPhone, or which model of either. Same results.

While annoying, I let it go because I assumed it was due to something like excessive debugging code in the beta firmware.

But now that the GM is out, the problem still exists, just as bad as it ever was. Yet I don't see anyone complaining about it anywhere.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? And if not, would anyone have any suggestions as to what could be causing this just on my devices?

Thanks..l

Thevt

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2011
Yes - same exact problem here and I'm not sure why I havent seen any others with the issue.

Upgraded iPad 1, typing addresses (specifically after hitting first character) is painstakingly slow.

If anyone has any ideas would love to hear them.

realph

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
Having the exact same problem over here, I'm forced to turn off bookmark syncing on my iPad in iCloud. Anyone know why this could be causing the web address bar problem???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.