Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:04 PM   #1
WRIGHTRACING
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
iPhone 4 has yellow spots...will Apple replace before 1 year?

I have an iPhone 4 that I bought last Dec. It has a yellow spot appearing in the top left corner. All the threads I saw were new phones with the tint yellowed, but mine has never appeared that way, and the spot appeared just the other day. Thanks for any help.
WRIGHTRACING is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 08:24 AM   #2
WRIGHTRACING
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Anyone?
WRIGHTRACING is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 08:28 AM   #3
Givmeabrek
macrumors Demi-God
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NY
If it's under warranty Apple will replace it. No problem.
Givmeabrek is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 09:01 AM   #4
WRIGHTRACING
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
That's what I needed to know before I sell it. Thanks
WRIGHTRACING is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 09:06 AM   #5
FranzMarc
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2010
I didn't want to start an all new thread, but it seems every other thread is either a year old about the iPhone 4 having the yellow tint issue, or iPhone 4Ss having the issue now...

But I actually have an iPhone 4 since about a year, and never had an issue with the screen. However after upgrading to iOS 5 I have a yellow tint on the right hand side, upper half of the screen. Seems to be more apparent if the phone is warm due to usage.

Is that just a hardware failure I should check with Apple or a software issue that might be fixed, i.e. the phone running too hot?
FranzMarc is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 09:27 AM   #6
rwilliams
macrumors 68030
 
rwilliams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranzMarc View Post
I didn't want to start an all new thread, but it seems every other thread is either a year old about the iPhone 4 having the yellow tint issue, or iPhone 4Ss having the issue now...

But I actually have an iPhone 4 since about a year, and never had an issue with the screen. However after upgrading to iOS 5 I have a yellow tint on the right hand side, upper half of the screen. Seems to be more apparent if the phone is warm due to usage.

Is that just a hardware failure I should check with Apple or a software issue that might be fixed, i.e. the phone running too hot?
Take it back to Apple, my man. My iPhone 4 had a yellow ring on the right side of the screen that got noticeably worse as the phone got warmer, either through direct use or warm temperatures outside. The odd thing was that it didn't start appearing until nearly a year after I bought the phone. I eventually got it replaced, but definitely take it back before your warranty runs out, if it hasn't already. Otherwise, they'll charge you $199 for a replacement.
rwilliams is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 09:58 AM   #7
FranzMarc
macrumors member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwilliams View Post
Take it back to Apple, my man. My iPhone 4 had a yellow ring on the right side of the screen that got noticeably worse as the phone got warmer, either through direct use or warm temperatures outside. The odd thing was that it didn't start appearing until nearly a year after I bought the phone. I eventually got it replaced, but definitely take it back before your warranty runs out, if it hasn't already. Otherwise, they'll charge you $199 for a replacement.
Okay cheers!
FranzMarc is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:32 AM   #8
arterio
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I got my iPhone 4 on launch day in Canada. I think that was 2010. I'm guessing my warranty is up?



A yellow ring just started to appear about two weeks ago. It's on the upper left side of the screen by the volume buttons. Gets more apparent as the phone heats up. Will Apple charge me to have this fixed?
arterio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:13 AM   #9
Shadowbech
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central U.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arterio View Post
I got my iPhone 4 on launch day in Canada. I think that was 2010. I'm guessing my warranty is up?

Image

A yellow ring just started to appear about two weeks ago. It's on the upper left side of the screen by the volume buttons. Gets more apparent as the phone heats up. Will Apple charge me to have this fixed?
Your warranty is probably up since you purchased your 4 in 2010. It is likely that Apple will charge you for a replacement since it is out of warranty.
__________________
Arctic Blue Samsung Galaxy S 4 (Main); White Unlocked iPhone 4S 32 GB (back up phone; ios 6.1.3); 13" MacBook Pro Early 2011, 2.3 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD (10.8.2); White iPad rMini 128 GB (iOS 7)
Shadowbech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:21 AM   #10
WRIGHTRACING
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
I forgot about this thread. they did replace mine no problem. I then sold it that evening for $550.00

being yours is outside the 1 year warranty I doubt it, but you can tell them its a known issue, and that you plan to buy the next iPhone as well if they will help you on this one. Even if you're out $100, it will sell for more than that when you sell it.
WRIGHTRACING is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone 4 has green spot in camera, back AND front! diamondschwin iPhone 77 Jan 28, 2012 06:26 PM
Apple iPhone 4 screen cracked and received a wonderful replacement! macbookman83 iPhone 5 Nov 3, 2011 01:21 PM
Will Apple replace my phone? obom iPhone 26 May 13, 2011 09:48 PM
iPhone 4 small crack - will Apple replace for free? arram iPhone 33 Nov 16, 2010 01:38 PM
Iphone 4 reception problems? Get your phone replaced before Apple gets flooded Ferris23 iPhone 56 Jun 25, 2010 11:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC