Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WRIGHTRACING

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
I have an iPhone 4 that I bought last Dec. It has a yellow spot appearing in the top left corner. All the threads I saw were new phones with the tint yellowed, but mine has never appeared that way, and the spot appeared just the other day. Thanks for any help.

FranzMarc

macrumors member
May 11, 2010
I didn't want to start an all new thread, but it seems every other thread is either a year old about the iPhone 4 having the yellow tint issue, or iPhone 4Ss having the issue now...

But I actually have an iPhone 4 since about a year, and never had an issue with the screen. However after upgrading to iOS 5 I have a yellow tint on the right hand side, upper half of the screen. Seems to be more apparent if the phone is warm due to usage.

Is that just a hardware failure I should check with Apple or a software issue that might be fixed, i.e. the phone running too hot?

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I didn't want to start an all new thread, but it seems every other thread is either a year old about the iPhone 4 having the yellow tint issue, or iPhone 4Ss having the issue now...

But I actually have an iPhone 4 since about a year, and never had an issue with the screen. However after upgrading to iOS 5 I have a yellow tint on the right hand side, upper half of the screen. Seems to be more apparent if the phone is warm due to usage.

Is that just a hardware failure I should check with Apple or a software issue that might be fixed, i.e. the phone running too hot?

Take it back to Apple, my man. My iPhone 4 had a yellow ring on the right side of the screen that got noticeably worse as the phone got warmer, either through direct use or warm temperatures outside. The odd thing was that it didn't start appearing until nearly a year after I bought the phone. I eventually got it replaced, but definitely take it back before your warranty runs out, if it hasn't already. Otherwise, they'll charge you $199 for a replacement.

FranzMarc

macrumors member
May 11, 2010
Take it back to Apple, my man. My iPhone 4 had a yellow ring on the right side of the screen that got noticeably worse as the phone got warmer, either through direct use or warm temperatures outside. The odd thing was that it didn't start appearing until nearly a year after I bought the phone. I eventually got it replaced, but definitely take it back before your warranty runs out, if it hasn't already. Otherwise, they'll charge you $199 for a replacement.

Okay cheers!

arterio

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2012
I got my iPhone 4 on launch day in Canada. I think that was 2010. I'm guessing my warranty is up?

6030c9e1-a1fa-620d.jpg

A yellow ring just started to appear about two weeks ago. It's on the upper left side of the screen by the volume buttons. Gets more apparent as the phone heats up. Will Apple charge me to have this fixed?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I got my iPhone 4 on launch day in Canada. I think that was 2010. I'm guessing my warranty is up?

A yellow ring just started to appear about two weeks ago. It's on the upper left side of the screen by the volume buttons. Gets more apparent as the phone heats up. Will Apple charge me to have this fixed?

Your warranty is probably up since you purchased your 4 in 2010. It is likely that Apple will charge you for a replacement since it is out of warranty.

WRIGHTRACING

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
I forgot about this thread. they did replace mine no problem. I then sold it that evening for $550.00

being yours is outside the 1 year warranty I doubt it, but you can tell them its a known issue, and that you plan to buy the next iPhone as well if they will help you on this one. Even if you're out $100, it will sell for more than that when you sell it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.