Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Oct 21, 2011, 07:25 PM   #1
margenbLee
macrumors newbie

Exclamation what's the best video format for iphone 4?

hello! can you help me with this, guys?

I recently became an apple user so i'm still new to it. i tried downloading youtube videos thru atube catcher and the output profile is IPOD TOUCH/IPHONE MPEG-4 320x240. when I played it on my iphone, it's not as good as when I'm watching it on youtube. It seems pixelized and stretched. I search on youtube about iphone videos and many says that the video codec must be h246???

do you know some free softwares to download youtube videos in a h246? thank you so much!!
margenbLee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 01:48 AM   #2
boomhower
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by margenbLee View Post
hello! can you help me with this, guys?

I recently became an apple user so i'm still new to it. i tried downloading youtube videos thru atube catcher and the output profile is IPOD TOUCH/IPHONE MPEG-4 320x240. when I played it on my iphone, it's not as good as when I'm watching it on youtube. It seems pixelized and stretched. I search on youtube about iphone videos and many says that the video codec must be h246???

do you know some free softwares to download youtube videos in a h246? thank you so much!!
If they are "shortish" videos and you have a newer computer just convert them with handbrake. It's an awesome program and has presets for all of Apples products to get the right format and perfect resolution. It's free too.
boomhower is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting