Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
Can't get into email via IMAP or web access this morning. I have to say, I am very disappointed in Apple's implementation of iCloud. You would have thought they would have learned from the MobileMe fiasco. But evidently they didn't. I am thinking seriously about saying the heck with iCloud and just go back to Gmail. I think Apple is incapable of running an online service successfully.

Honey Badger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 14, 2011
Mine is not working at this moment...email gets pushed to iPhone, but not my mac...the other day it did this and I got email on my mac by hitting "get mail", but now that doesn't even work...must be an iCloud bug thing. I am having issues with the iTunes wifi sync as well, very buggy.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
Can't get into email via IMAP or web access this morning. I have to say, I am very disappointed in Apple's implementation of iCloud. You would have thought they would have learned from the MobileMe fiasco. But evidently they didn't. I am thinking seriously about saying the heck with iCloud and just go back to Gmail. I think Apple is incapable of running an online service successfully.
I switched to Gmail when iCloud was announced. Don't want another hassle like MM ever again. No thanks Apple!

Transeau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2005
Alta Loma, CA
Just received a call from a "Heather" from a Texas phone number. She was responding to an email I sent to Tim Cook. She asked me for more information on what I was experiencing Saturday morning.

I'm assuming they took it seriously as I explained that I was demo'ing how my company uses iCloud with Mac's, iPhones and iPad to stay in contact and in sync. It was pretty upsetting when it didn't work. and yes... I lost the client.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.