Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h2009

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
Hi there,
I've got a strange issue and I believe its a bug or faulty iPhone hardware but it seems I cannot connect to any wifi network that uses WPA/WPA2
What I mean is that the wifi connects to any AP but for some reason external addresses like google.com do not work. All internal address do.

Its not a network issue as every other IOS5 device works fine and the network has no problems. Its something to do with iPhone 4s.

diamornte

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2009
I am having wifi issues as well. Using an Apple Time Capsule with 2.4 Ghz wireless N only settings. Speed test app shows a healthy download speed until less than halfway into it, the connection chokes to nothing. Did hard resets on the iPhone 4S and disabled iCloud but I still cannot connect. Disabling wireless and using 3G only is the only solution. Why is this happening?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Refresh Your Network Settingts

Hi there,
I've got a strange issue and I believe its a bug or faulty iPhone hardware but it seems I cannot connect to any wifi network that uses WPA/WPA2
What I mean is that the wifi connects to any AP but for some reason external addresses like google.com do not work. All internal address do.

Its not a network issue as every other IOS5 device works fine and the network has no problems. Its something to do with iPhone 4s.

Settings / general network....

h2009

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
Tried that already, one of the first things.

There is something wrong with the software I'm sure. Isn't anyone else having WPA issues?

h2009

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
Yes its been reset.
Factory restored
Profile restored.
Multi AP's tested across different manufactures
The only thing which works is open networks or WEP.

Rapickering

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2010
Iphone 4S wifi & bluetooth not working

This may seem strange and I'm sure Apple would never suggest or promote this but...switch your phone off. Point a hairdryer at it on medium to high heat for between 3 and 6 minutes. Allow to cool and then power phone on again. This worked for me. Previously, both the wifi and bluetooth buttons were greyed out in settings, they now work perfectly! I believe it has something to do with the wifi/bluetooth chip ceasing to work and the heat gets it going again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.