Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greenbeetle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2011
Ok, this may be a long post.
I have just received my brand new iPhone 4S 16GB Black on Orange UK.
I have been on the phone with Apple 3 times this evening, including once when the Apple rep hung up on me.
I don't know what to do.
I have had problems with my iTunes all week after updating to iTunes 10.5. The store is blank and my current iPhone 3GS or iPod Nano 4th Gen will not sync. I have had this problem when I updated to the previous iTunes version from the version before that. To fix that problem I followed instructions on the Apple support community to uninstall all Apple programs from my laptop (Windows Vista 32bit) restart and then re-install. This worked and so when I had the same problem again when updating to 10.5 I tried this solution which did not work.
So I contacted Apple, who said it was a known problem and they would let me know when they had a fix, this was a week ago.
I have now received my iPhone 4s and am unable to use it. I want to sync my iPhone 3GS with my iTunes to backup and then restore my new iPhone 4S from backup.
I don't know what to do, I cannot use my brand new phone which I have already started paying for and Apple are being very unhelpful and their phone service is closed until Monday now.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you

TheoNeethling

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2012
iPhone 4s

Same problem with sync. Not usb or wifi can start the sync process on iMac. Please you guys with the gifted brains, help us out...
"Do not fear tomorrow,
GOD is already there"
All the best

mrjones19

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2012
I have the same problem. I've had all the Iphones and just upgraded to 4S. Never had a problem until now. I have 256 songs on my playlist but only the same 21 songs will load onto my Iphone. I've tried all the forum fixes, spent hours on this project and still come up with only the same 21 songs that will load. I get an error message when I sync saying that some of my songs won't sync because the 'files cannot be found' although I can play those songs within Itunes itself so the files are definitely there. This is totally frustrating. From what I'm reading, thousands have the same problem but Apple has ear muffs on and won't acknowledge they have a problem to fix. Maybe it's time to switch to some other phone.

rayyu882

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2010
I had sync problem before but it was due to the fact that I was doing the sync thru a USB hub, I'm not suggesting this is your problem but for anyone that have sync problem and is using a USB hub, try bypass the hub and see if that resolve the problem.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.