Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Oct 22, 2011, 03:53 PM   #1
Jimmy Guphanti
macrumors 6502

How to get absolute silence on iPhone

Hello,

I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 5 running the latest jailbreak. Since there is not yet an untethered version of the jailbreak, and I need to boot tethered every time I reboot, which makes me not able to turn it off, how can I make the iPhone not make any sounds or vibrations at night or at school when it would normally be powered off?

Thanks
Jimmy Guphanti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 03:59 PM   #2
ritmomundo
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Guphanti View Post
Hello,

I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 5 running the latest jailbreak. Since there is not yet an untethered version of the jailbreak, and I need to boot tethered every time I reboot, which makes me not able to turn it off, how can I make the iPhone not make any sounds or vibrations at night or at school when it would normally be powered off?

Thanks
Go into Settings -> Sounds
Under Silent -> Vibrate -> set this to OFF (this only affects vibrate in silence mode. You can set your regular vibrate settings a bit lower down).

Then, whenever you want silence (no sound, no vibrate), turn on your mute switch on the side of the phone.
ritmomundo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 04:05 PM   #3
Jimmy Guphanti
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritmomundo View Post
Go into Settings -> Sounds
Under Silent -> Vibrate -> set this to OFF (this only affects vibrate in silence mode. You can set your regular vibrate settings a bit lower down).

Then, whenever you want silence (no sound, no vibrate), turn on your mute switch on the side of the phone.
Thanks a bunch!
Jimmy Guphanti is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Tags
boot, iphone, jailbreak, silent, tethered