Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Oct 22, 2011, 04:34 PM   #1
hafr
Banned

Restore from iCloud without computer?

I took a picture today that seems to have completely messed up both my camera roll and photo stream on the iPhone. It "ate up" like ten pictures taken before this picture, and none of the pictures that I've taken afterwards show. These pictures doesn't show up in the photo stream either, despite those taken before that were eaten up showed... They show in the photo stream on my mac and the iPad.

But, since there seems to be a problem on the iPhone I'd like to restore it. But I can't seem to find a way to do it without connecting it to a computer and restoring it via iTunes. I thought iOS 5 would make the iDevices "PC free". Apparently not. Or am I missing something?

tl;dr: how do you restore an iPhone via iCloud without using a computer?
hafr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2011, 10:59 PM   #2
ugp
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to ugp Send a message via Yahoo to ugp Send a message via Skype™ to ugp
Back up to iCloud and then Reset the data and settings on your device. Upon reboot it will ask to setup the device like the first time and give an option to restore from iCloud Backup. Works pretty fast. All Apps will begin to re-download as well. Just music and movies will not restore if they were sync'd from the Computer.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 08:25 AM   #3
agentphish
macrumors 65816

better idea...

double tap your home button, kill all the apps there. Shut down your phone. Turn it back on. Probably will solve your problem.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 08:49 AM   #4
hafr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugp View Post
Back up to iCloud and then Reset the data and settings on your device. Upon reboot it will ask to setup the device like the first time and give an option to restore from iCloud Backup. Works pretty fast. All Apps will begin to re-download as well. Just music and movies will not restore if they were sync'd from the Computer.
I don't know why I didn't manage to find that sub-menu yesterday... Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentphish View Post
better idea...

double tap your home button, kill all the apps there. Shut down your phone. Turn it back on. Probably will solve your problem.
Have you met anyone who thinks of restoring before trying to reboot?
hafr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 12:07 PM   #5
PNutts
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafr View Post
Have you met anyone who thinks of restoring before trying to reboot?
No. The people I meet want their data.
PNutts is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services