Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Oct 23, 2011, 12:17 AM   #1
njean777
macrumors 6502

Albums not showing up under artist

Hey guys/girls I am having a weird problem when I look under the artist tab on my iPhone. I have 5 albums from Kanye West and it only shows 2 of them under his name. Does anybody else have this problem? It never did this with ios4.
njean777 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 12:44 AM   #2
C N Reilly
macrumors regular

What's it showing in iTunes on your Mac/PC?
C N Reilly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 12:54 AM   #3
iParis
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to iParis Send a message via MSN to iParis
I have this same EXACT problem. An album by the artist Cady Groves isn't showing up for me. Well, I put the music videos from it on and the album shows up but only the videos from the album appear when I tap on it, none of the other songs. I can still find the songs when I search for them, look under albums, and look under songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C N Reilly View Post
What's it showing in iTunes on your Mac/PC?
Definitely shows they're on my iPhone.
- Mac mini C2D 1.83GHz / 4GB ram / 120GB HD / 10.8.4
iParis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 01:07 AM   #4
flatfoot99
macrumors 6502

isnt there a new setting under the music app for sorting album artist? try toggeling that....
flatfoot99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 02:41 AM   #5
iRobby
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfoot99 View Post
isnt there a new setting under the music app for sorting album artist? try toggeling that....
Under this setting which is group by album artist if chosen then make sure in your iTunes library on your Mac that both artist and album artist are filled in. Most likely the ones you don't see only the artist field is filled in not album artist. This is used mostly for various artists albums ( to keep organized) the album artist would be artist and each individual song would have the appropriate artist. Therefore if you choose to group by album artist you need both fields filled in even if you out the same name since the whole album is the same person.
Airport Extreme (5th Generation)
iRobby is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 08:00 AM   #6
Alonzo84
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iParis View Post
I have this same EXACT problem. An album by the artist Cady Groves isn't showing up for me. Well, I put the music videos from it on and the album shows up but only the videos from the album appear when I tap on it, none of the other songs. I can still find the songs when I search for them, look under albums, and look under songs.

Definitely shows they're on my iPhone.
If you purchased the content from iTunes it doesn't automatically appear in other playlists. It will pop up when you search for it but is only displayed under the Purchased playlist. You have to manually add it to other playlists through your iTunes library on a computer.
Also, refer to iRobby's post as this happens to me all the time. A particular track will appear all by it self with the same artwork, album name, and artist name simply because the one track featured another artist.
Alonzo84 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier