Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Oct 23, 2011, 07:08 AM   #1
walvis
macrumors newbie

Apple Mouse Side button (4) Issues after 10.7.2 Update

I have searched the web for a while now but could not find something similar. After installing the 10.7.2 on my Early 2009 iMach I noticed that Button 4 (left hand side button) on the wired Apple Mouse stopped working - at least when using it with either Mission Control or Expose. I used this button to switch between Desktops which allowed me to drag files from application to application using the primary mouse button at the same time.

Post Update, I only got Expose or Mission Control working when assigning it to the Scroll Wheel Button, which makes it impossible to hit the primary button at the same time.

Of course, I can always use the Mouse in combination with the F3 Mission Control button on the keyboard, but that's not the same.

Not sure if this issue is linked to the Apple Mouse not being fully supported by 10.7.2 or something on my machine. I also tried to install SteerMouse and use SteerMouse's button assignment - but no success. Weirdly, Button 4 works fine when assigning the Dashboard....

Any help would be great. Cheers!
walvis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2011, 02:08 PM   #2
Link2430
macrumors newbie

I had this same problem. Turns out you have to go to Mission Control preferences in System Preferences and assign it to the button that you want. Let me know if that works.
Link2430 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion