Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jimmy Guphanti

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Hello,

Every time I sync my iPhone 4 running iOS 5, it says 1 Item Could Not Be Synced, and that I should check iTunes for more information. However, iTunes never displays any error information, and it acts like everything went smoothly.
What is the problem with my device?

Thanks

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
i have the same issue with a ringtone that i bought from the itunes store.
itunes offers no explanation of the problem other than an exclamation mark next to the item in the itunes library.

nothing i've tried seems to fix the problem. deleting the ipod photo cache folder made no difference.

Last edited:

bigtallguy

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
i have the same issue with a ringtone that i bought from the itunes store.
itunes offers no explanation of the problem other than an exclamation mark next to the item in the itunes library.

nothing i've tried seems to fix the problem. deleting the ipod photo cache folder made no difference.

I don't know if it is just coincidence but I just started getting this error the same day apple pushed out the new iTunes update.

I tried deleting the photo cache last night to see if that would fix it, but I just synced my phone tonight and it happened again so at least for me that didn't fix it.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
I got it, when I had a couple of songs that were no longer available on iTunes and I'd deleted the original downloads. Had to eradicate all traces of them to get it to stop.

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
My 4 does this, I see no ill effect, no care.

well there is an "ill effect" as the content in question isn't being synced to the iphone!

maybe you don't care about purchased content not syncing to the phone, but others do care.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.