Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Old Oct 23, 2011, 09:59 AM   #1
Chridsdk
macrumors newbie

Applications won't open.

Hi guys.

I'm seeing a few problems with my fairly new MacBook Pro. A lot of my application simply won't open, and just comes with a "The application closed unexpectedly".

My Adobe CS5 apps, had an error 15 when opening up, and my iPhoto application opens up fine, but the window remains hidden.

Microsoft Office 2011 had some issues too, so i reinstalled it and works perfect now.

Does anyone has an idea, of what is going on?
Chridsdk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2011, 10:58 AM   #2
Partron22
macrumors 6502a

Some Apps get into situations where their "Saved Application State" precludes proper launching.
Here's a way of dealing with that without reinstalling:
http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/17/delet...7-lion-resume/
The Saved state feature is new to Lion, and some Apps play well with it yet.
Updates to the Apps, or Lion, should eventually fix the problems, but that's not much help for people who want their Macs to run properly today.
Partron22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion