Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Oct 23, 2011, 02:01 PM   #1
tucker3434
macrumors regular

Mail showing an unread message in iCloud account

This is a new email address for me, and it has no messages. I have received one email in the account, but I have since deleted it trying to correct the issue. My iPhone shows the correct count, and when I log directly in to iCloud.com, it shows the correct amount. I've tried using smart folders, deleting and re-adding the account, and restarting the computer, but so far, none have worked. How do I fix it?
tucker3434 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 07:03 PM   #2
tucker3434
macrumors regular

Ok, what I've found is that it says I have one unread message no matter what. 5 unread or none unread, it will always say one. My gmail account works normally.
tucker3434 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 05:52 PM   #3
BourneCS
macrumors newbie

It's Happening to Me!

It's happening to me now too! I've also tried everything you mentioned. Did you ever get it fixed?
BourneCS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2011, 09:40 PM   #4
Savage1911
macrumors newbie

Partial fix

I have a partial fix for this.

In Mail, Under Preferences -> General, you can choose whether to show in your Dock badge the unread messages for inbox or all mailboxes. Choose all mailboxes.

This will fixed the count on the badge on your dock icon for Mail but the count in Mail itself will still be wrong. This will also add unread counts of subfolders like Junk. At least when you glance at your dock you can know the correct unread count.
Savage1911 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help