Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Willaltmann

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2011
I am sending a group message out to two people using imessage and it shows a bar that says who the messages are going to and i cant get rid of it! Very annoying! Any answers?
-------------------

---------------
This is an example i found. I want to know if you can get rid of the bit that says
"To: Killian Bell & 2 more..."
Not the names that the yellow bar is pointing to!

Thanks!!

Attachments

• iMessageGroupChat1.jpg
    iMessageGroupChat1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:

ru4real

macrumors member
May 19, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

That is showing who replied, without it how would you know who incoming messages are from?

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

That is showing who replied, without it how would you know who incoming messages are from?

this, I like this feature not being able to know would warrant far more complaints then what it is now.

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
Are you really saying that you don't want to know who a message is from?

Did you run that back in your mind to see what that sounds like?

jnick

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
NY
Re-read the post. That was an example he found. He wants to remove the recipients bar at the top of the chat, not the user indicator in the chat (where the yellow arrows are).

OP, I do not believe you can remove the top bar.

Willaltmann

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2011
Re-read the post. That was an example he found. He wants to remove the recipients bar at the top of the chat, not the user indicator in the chat (where the yellow arrows are).

OP, I do not believe you can remove the top bar.

This is what I meant, I obviously want to know who each individual message is from but not the bar that stays at the top the entire time!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.