Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Oct 23, 2011, 10:03 PM   #1
iMikeT
macrumors 68020

iPhoto and iOS 5

I upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 5 earlier today and I was trying to upload photos but wasn't able to get my photos the usual way (connect iPhone to iMac, open iPhoto, then select photos/import all, and be done with it). In fact, iPhoto didn't see any photos that are in my iPhone's camera roll (under photos). The thing is, my iPhone is showing that all my photos are indeed in the camera roll.

Did upgrading to iOS 5 "reset" the contents in the camera roll or is there a deeper issue between iPhoto and iOS 5?

Also, aside from iCloud or emailing photos, what are the other ways to still be able to get photos into iPhoto from the iPhone?
iMikeT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:39 AM   #2
andylyon
macrumors 6502a

I had this problem a couple of times but since a reboot of both my Mac and iPhone this hasn't happened since.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 12:40 PM   #3
emjaycee18
macrumors regular

different problem, same application

With me, some of the photos I want to import from iPhoto to my iPhone don't come up. Based on what I'm selecting in iTunes, I should have ~1200 photos syncing to my phone. After I sync the selected albums, I only have around 1100, so 100 or so photos aren't being transferred. This only started since I upgraded to iOS 5.

I don't receive an error either.
emjaycee18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 03:39 AM   #4
iMikeT
macrumors 68020

This problem just got worse.

Before I state what my new issue is, I should say that I searched Apple's own community forums and I did find a couple of other threads that have posted issues regarding iOS 5, iTunes, iPhoto, and other iOS to computer syncing problems.

Earlier tonight, I plugged my iPhone running iOS 5 into my iMac for a sync using the dock to USB method. iTunes saw my iPhone just fine. However, when I went over to import photos, iPhoto did not even see the iPhone as device/camera. This is a real concern as something in either iPhoto or iOS 5 is broken.

I'll be submitting this bug to Apple tomorrow and hopefully we'll see a fix soon.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 07:16 AM   #5
andylyon
macrumors 6502a

I think a temporary fix is ejecting the iPhone in iTunes, physically unplugging it, closing iPhoto, then replugging it in and opening iPhoto.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 07:50 AM   #6
emjaycee18
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by andylyon View Post
I think a temporary fix is ejecting the iPhone in iTunes, physically unplugging it, closing iPhoto, then replugging it in and opening iPhoto.
This works for me as well, I'm currently running iPhoto '09, and I'm suspecting this problem will go away for me if I upgraded to the current version.
emjaycee18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2011, 02:53 PM   #7
iMikeT
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by andylyon View Post

I tried, it doesn't work for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjaycee18 View Post
This works for me as well, I'm currently running iPhoto '09, and I'm suspecting this problem will go away for me if I upgraded to the current version.

I have the latest version of iPhoto which is iPhoto '11 and experiencing issues with it. This is why I am suspecting the issue is really lies with iOS 5.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier