Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Oct 24, 2011, 04:05 AM   #1
ptaylor9
macrumors member

Syncing iCal, iCloud and Android

Hi All,
Looking for a bit of advice regarding syncing calendars across various devices etc.

The way I have things set up at the minute, I have a GMail calendar, my girlfirend has a GMail calendar, and we subscribe to each others on our phones/laptops (I am iPhone/MacbookPro, she is Android HTC desire) and things work well. Basically, all Google based, not using the standard iCal calendars.

Now I want to be awkward and upset the balance. Since iCloud came out, I want to start using the main Calendars on iCal so the events etc appear on the iCloud website. But i'm concerned that if I move all my events from Google to iCal, it will be a struggle to get my girlfriend's phone to see them...?

Yeah, so, bit confused, and dont want to end up with loads of duplicated events if I mess the sync up!

If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be most appreciated.
Cheers,
P.
ptaylor9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 02:37 PM   #2
blondepianist
macrumors member

I set up a friend's MobileMe calendar on his Android, so I'm sure it's possible with iCloud. You'll need to find a good CalDAV client. I think I just used me.com as the server address, and his username or email and password. Wish I could remember which calendar app I used though...
blondepianist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2012, 07:43 PM   #3
miamialley
macrumors 68000

I'm looking to go from my iPhone 4 to Galaxy S2 and am not sure how I want to sync calendars and contacts. It can be tough to get out of the Apple ecosystem when you're neck deep in it like I am (still have an iPad and MBP).
Old Jan 9, 2012, 08:00 PM   #4
verwon
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamialley View Post
I'm looking to go from my iPhone 4 to Galaxy S2 and am not sure how I want to sync calendars and contacts. It can be tough to get out of the Apple ecosystem when you're neck deep in it like I am (still have an iPad and MBP).
Going to an Android, it's probably easier to take everything from your iPhone into Google.
verwon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2012, 09:14 PM   #5
miamialley
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by verwon View Post
Going to an Android, it's probably easier to take everything from your iPhone into Google.
Then there's the problem of all my iTunes music.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier