Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Oct 25, 2011, 06:43 PM   #1
fullfloridiancj
macrumors regular

iphone 4s setting up microsoft outlook

I have a school email address that ends in edu

It is from microsoft outlook.com I see that the iPhone 4s has an option in settings/mail for microsoft exchange and also one for windows live and hot mail. when I set it up under hot mail i keep on getting a password wrong conformation although the email checks. and the exchange asks me for a company domain. I don't understand how to set up the email account

can someone please help?
fullfloridiancj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 07:02 PM   #2
androiphone
macrumors 6502a

for your .edu email you will use the same settings as you used to add it to outlook, (use other to set up an IMAP/POP account) if you can't then it might be because your university has blocked access on mobile phones, you may have to ask the IT department for the settings or to enable it.
androiphone is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 09:50 PM   #3
takeshi74
macrumors 601

Instructions are a Google search away. Can college kids not Google these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by androiphone View Post
for your .edu email you will use the same settings as you used to add it to outlook, (use other to set up an IMAP/POP account) if you can't then it might be because your university has blocked access on mobile phones, you may have to ask the IT department for the settings or to enable it.
Outlook.com (Live@EDU in this case) is not POP or IMAP. It's ActiveSync -- what people around here refer to as "set up via Exchange". POP and IMAP access, IIRC, are accessible but ActiveSync is more efficient and offers other benefits as well.

Last edited by takeshi74; Oct 25, 2011 at 09:56 PM.
takeshi74 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:21 PM   #4
fullfloridiancj
macrumors regular

yes but what do i enter in for domain and username?? I know my email and password
Old Oct 30, 2011, 08:03 PM   #5
fullfloridiancj
macrumors regular

?
Old Oct 31, 2011, 09:14 AM   #6
androiphone
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullfloridiancj View Post
yes but what do i enter in for domain and username?? I know my email and password
that is impossible for us to say, you will have to ask your IT department at your university, or use google.

you haven't even told us what university it is so someone else could google it, which they probably wouldn't google it for you cause you can google it yourself
androiphone is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier