Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rrandyy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
I'm having a problem where when I call people at their landlines, they see an incorrect name associated with my phone number on their caller ID. Has anyone been able to have a similar problem corrected by Att?

I've spoken to 5 or 6 reps over the last few weeks. Half dont even know what caller ID is and just try to get me to change contact names in my own phone :( The other half say they've updated their database, but I continue to see the problem.

Also, does anyone have caller ID whom I can call and confirm the name is still wrong? One of the support guys said the people who display the wrong name for me may have the wrong named cached on their home phone.

Thanks!

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
I'm having a problem where when I call people at their landlines, they see an incorrect name associated with my phone number on their caller ID. Has anyone been able to have a similar problem corrected by Att?

I've spoken to 5 or 6 reps over the last few weeks. Half dont even know what caller ID is and just try to get me to change contact names in my own phone :( The other half say they've updated their database, but I continue to see the problem.

Also, does anyone have caller ID whom I can call and confirm the name is still wrong? One of the support guys said the people who display the wrong name for me may have the wrong named cached on their home phone.

Thanks!

I had the exact same problem with Sprint. When I made calls, the name that appeared on the other end of that caller ID was not mine. I can only tell you what I did with Sprint. I called their technical support and they reset the same number as new, but I decided to go with an older number I use to have instead, which was available. Apparently, the prior name that appeared on the called ID was the name of the person that had that number before it was recycled to me. Good Luck!

Flash SWT

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2009
Houston, TX
AT&T should be able to change the name. When we first setup our 5 line family account a few years back we had to wait like a week or so, but then were able to customize each phone number to show the appropriate name by calling AT&T.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.