Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

superspiffy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
I'm really anal about micro scratches and dents on my iPad so I'm planning on buying a GumDrop Drop case. I only want to use the case when I'm out but at home, I want to remove the case because I still enjoy using my iPad bareback. So would the GumDrop leave microscratches as I pry it off? Does anybody have any experience with this case and can tell him how hard is it to remove and would it leave micro scratches when removed?

droopy1592

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2009
I'm really anal about micro scratches and dents on my iPad so I'm planning on buying a GumDrop Drop case. I only want to use the case when I'm out but at home, I want to remove the case because I still enjoy using my iPad bareback. So would the GumDrop leave microscratches as I pry it off? Does anybody have any experience with this case and can tell him how hard is it to remove and would it leave micro scratches when removed?

Had mine for a while and only got it because my kid runs around with the iPad like a maniac (23 m/o). The frame acts to keep it all together and it seems pretty tightly put together. I took it apart to clean it but not much dust gets in in the first place because of the screen cover and tight button covers. It's my favorite case so far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.