Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimketter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
I though that apps were synced in iCloud. My iCloud seems to be performing fine with one exception. I have Numbers 09 on both my iPad and iPhone (yes they did sync properly) but Numbers 08 on my Mac. Furthermore, when I attempt to open a numbers file on the iPad or iPhone that I have placed in the cloud on my Mac, it says that it will open only those files that were saved with Numbers 09. Would someone explain, please?

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
I though that apps were synced in iCloud. My iCloud seems to be performing fine with one exception. I have Numbers 09 on both my iPad and iPhone (yes they did sync properly) but Numbers 08 on my Mac. Furthermore, when I attempt to open a numbers file on the iPad or iPhone that I have placed in the cloud on my Mac, it says that it will open only those files that were saved with Numbers 09. Would someone explain, please?

What does app-syncing have to do with you having Numbers 08 on your computer and your iDevices only being capable of opening documents saved in Numbers 09?

jimketter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2011
If my Numbers 09 app on my iPad had synced with my Mac then I would have Numbers 09 on my Mac and I would in fact be able to open the documents. I admit that I may be missing something very basic.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
If my Numbers 09 app on my iPad had synced with my Mac then I would have Numbers 09 on my Mac and I would in fact be able to open the documents. I admit that I may be missing something very basic.

Ah. Basically, apps to your computer are for your computer and apps to your iPhone and iPad are for them. If you have the latest Numbers for your iDevices, you still have to buy it for your Mac if you want it on your Mac...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.