Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wheeler

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
Stumbled upon this last night! Using the iTeleport app and airplay mirroring, I airplayed my iMac screen to my aTV2, and the app turns into a touchpad/keyboard. Work perfect with 4S and iPad2. No reference for this feature anywhere I can find.

Tip: If you are already connected to the computer and start airplay, it will just mirror your iDevice, but if you start airplay mirroring then connect to the computer, the iTeleport spin logo will appear on the TV followed by the computer screen, and the iDevice becomes a controller.

Attachments

• DSC_0011.JPG
    DSC_0011.JPG
    365.5 KB · Views: 227

alexreich

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2011
Sweet.

Very nice find, but is it really useful?

Can you actually interact with your Mac at a decent speed where it's bearable to simple things like web browsing or Finder interaction, or is it a extremely laggish communication with your Desktop where you wouldn't even want to do some quick Terminal work?

Not trying to be an ass at all, just wondering!

Sweet discovery nonetheless.

-Alex :apple:

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Nice! I'm curious as to what looks better, AirPlay or connecting your iMac to the TV. The picture quality must be weird in relation the resolution. It would be sick to do this and pair a bluetooth keyboard to your iPhone 4S / iPad and use the iPhone 4S / iPad as the trackpad.

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Nice! I'm curious as to what looks better, AirPlay or connecting your iMac to the TV. The picture quality must be weird in relation the resolution. It would be sick to do this and pair a bluetooth keyboard to your iPhone 4S / iPad and use the iPhone 4S / iPad as the trackpad.

I would recommend using Splashtop Remote, since it does audio and video.

Wheeler

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
Very nice find, but is it really useful?

Can you actually interact with your Mac at a decent speed where it's bearable to simple things like web browsing or Finder interaction, or is it a extremely laggish communication with your Desktop where you wouldn't even want to do some quick Terminal work?

Not trying to be an ass at all, just wondering!

Sweet discovery nonetheless.

-Alex :apple:

I agree- cant really think of a good use for it- control lag isn't bad but the video lag is too bad to be able to watch Hulu or anything like that.

Could use it to wirelessly mirror a Mac during presentations

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.