Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

landlboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
I bought an iPod Touch 4G from a retailer known as "Titles Bookstore" and before I bought it I asked the salesperson if I could return the product if it was opened. He told me I could but that I may be subject to 20% restocking fee.

Today I went back unsatisfied with the product, not in original packaging but UNUSED and I was told I wouldn't be able to get a refund. The bookstores' return policy is as follows:
"Merchandise may be refunded/exchanged within 15 calender days ... provided it is unused and it is in the original unopened packaging. Any opened product will be handled in accordance with the manufacturer's warranty.

So before I bought the product I was told different from someone who was employed at the retailer and this is what really bothers me...Should I be eligible for some kind of refund from them/apple?

likethesoup2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2011
Orlando, Florida
I would tend to doubt it, but you might want to ask them.

If you didn't have the original packaging, did you actually think they were going to take it back? How would they re-sell it?

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
You didn't buy anything from Apple so they owe you nothing.

How you would expect to get a refund without any packaging amazes me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.