Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

molamis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
So the home button just stopped doing anything. Me and the apple store tried resetting to make sure it wasn't a software problem, and they said it's a hardware issue.

Before I sell this for parts on ebay (I can't handle having to wait for a cold power-up every time I need a different app), is there any other way of activating the home button besides pressing the home button? Perhaps an app? Just thought I'd check.

emjaycee18

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
If you go into Settings and Accessibility, you can turn on Assistive Touch to access the home button through the software. No need for an app.

uaecasher

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2009
Stillwater, OK
Im not sure which iOS device you have but if you have an iPad with iOS 5 you could use the 5 finger pinch in to close apps or 4 fingers to open the multi-tasking bar. I'm not sure if the iPhone supports those gestures as well.

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
Im not sure which iOS device you have but if you have an iPad with iOS 5 you could use the 5 finger pinch in to close apps or 4 fingers to open the multi-tasking bar. I'm not sure if the iPhone supports those gestures as well.

Those gestures only work on the iPad 2. No other iOS device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.