Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reem

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2006
U.A.E
hey all,

so i am so excited to update my iPad 2 to iOS 5, and i sincyed my iPad 2 to iTunes but i keep getting message whenever i press the update button "There are purchased items on the iPad “Mariam AlSarkal's iPad” that have not been transferred to your iTunes library. You should transfer these items to your iTunes library before updating this iPad. Are you sure you want to continue?"
so i press cancel and go back to sync again and again!

i don't know what to do? please help

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
hey all,

so i am so excited to update my iPad 2 to iOS 5, and i sincyed my iPad 2 to iTunes but i keep getting message whenever i press the update button "There are purchased items on the iPad “Mariam AlSarkal's iPad” that have not been transferred to your iTunes library. You should transfer these items to your iTunes library before updating this iPad. Are you sure you want to continue?"

Tried right-clicking on your iPad in the iTunes sidebar and choosing "Transfer Purchases" ?

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Before Trying To Update The Software

hey all,

Perform a normal sync. This will transfer anything you have purchased on your iPad but have not transferred to iTunes on your mac.

Once you've done that, your good to go with the update to IOS5

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.