Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keva161

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I bought a MBP last year and everything seems to be fine so far...*touch wood*.

My free year of warranty has just run out though according to the website. Can I purchase applecare now and extend it?

I dont really want to pay over the odds to fix it if something goes wrong...

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I bought a MBP last year and everything seems to be fine so far...*touch wood*.

My free year of warranty has just run out though according to the website. Can I purchase it noe and extend it?

I dont really want to pay over the odds to fix it if something goes wrong...
No, you have to buy AppleCare during your first year. You can't buy it once your 1-year warranty expires.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yes you can but you need a genus to do it in store with your device. I've done this once before 90 days outside the year! They health check it and then set u up.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Yes you can but you need a genus to do it in store with your device.
No, you can't.
The AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased only while your Mac or Apple display is still covered under the standard one-year limited warranty. See AppleCare Protection Plan Terms and Conditions for complete product details.

The fact that you got an Apple rep to break the rule doesn't change the rule and can't be counted on to work for others.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.