Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cigaro5676

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
Hello all, im new to the forums, i searched around a bit but havnt really found anything to answer my question

I have a early '11 15" mbp (2.2,6750m) running windows 7 ultimate via bootcamp

i just got battlefield 3 on Wednesday and proceeded to overclock my fx card as described in the tutorial on the forum. (which makes the game run awesome! btw)

I just noticed something, however, after about 2 hours of playing my battery is at 89%. It has been plugged into power the entire time and was fully charged when i turned the computer on. (i am 100% sure about this)

the card is set to .990 V as opposed to 1.0 V when overclocking

I havnt tested this with the fx card not overclocked but i can say for sure the only time this has happened is when playing battlefied 3

is this something i should be worried about?
my mac does not get any warmer than watching flash video, and i have it raised for proper ventilation.

in fact, it probably gets warmer watching 720p flash video

thanks for any help, seems to be a bit of a strange issue and this is one of my early ventures into overclocking

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
This is not something you should be worried about. If the computer requires more power then what the MagSafe can provide, it will draw it from the battery.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yep 100% normal!

cigaro5676

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
okay great, thanks for the quick replies :)

this is my first mac, dont wanna mess it up :p

macmastersam

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
Essex, england
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

-%11 isn't that bad every 2 hours. As long as you have the MagSafe plugged in then you will be just fine. Anyway, it's not like anyone would play BF3 straight for any more than 3 hours. Unless you are a uber BF fan!

fully charge your MBP, then play BF3 for the same 2 hours exept without the MagSafe charger any of that time unless the battery get real low. Then post your results here.

cigaro5676

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
i imagine the battery would last about an hour without it plugged in, but i can give it a go

what worried me was that ive never had that happen before on a laptop (i had a high end asus before)

it makes perfect sense, just making sure it was normal and i wasn't about to ruin anything

MVRL

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

-%11 isn't that bad every 2 hours. As long as you have the MagSafe plugged in then you will be just fine. Anyway, it's not like anyone would play BF3 straight for any more than 3 hours. Unless you are a uber BF fan!

THAT I AMMMM!! Well, I remember one time after finals, my gf, friends, and I LAN'd for 10 hours straight.

Jens Engels

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2011
Hello all, im new to the forums, i searched around a bit but havnt really found anything to answer my question

I have a early '11 15" mbp (2.2,6750m) running windows 7 ultimate via bootcamp

i just got battlefield 3 on Wednesday and proceeded to overclock my fx card as described in the tutorial on the forum. (which makes the game run awesome! btw)

I just noticed something, however, after about 2 hours of playing my battery is at 89%. It has been plugged into power the entire time and was fully charged when i turned the computer on. (i am 100% sure about this)

the card is set to .990 V as opposed to 1.0 V when overclocking

I havnt tested this with the fx card not overclocked but i can say for sure the only time this has happened is when playing battlefied 3

is this something i should be worried about?
my mac does not get any warmer than watching flash video, and i have it raised for proper ventilation.

in fact, it probably gets warmer watching 720p flash video

thanks for any help, seems to be a bit of a strange issue and this is one of my early ventures into overclocking

Hey
I have the same problem, discharging, but that seems normal :), but what i was wondering, where can i find a tutorial to let battlefield 3 run smoother on my MBP early 2011, bootcamp windows 7?

please let me know, i am searching for this a long time :)!

Thanks
Jens

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.