Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pronvit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
If contacts were added to address book on iPhone when it has no Internet connection, they won't appear on iCloud and I can't find way to sync them when Internet connection becomes available.
How this is supposed to work?

KentuckyHouse

macrumors 68030
Jan 29, 2010
Lexington, KY.
Go to Settings>iCloud and at the bottom click on Storage & Backup. Make sure iCloud Backup is toggled ON. Once this is on, down below that toggle, you'll get a button that says Back Up Now. Tap that, and it should initiate the iCloud backup to start.

LastOneToKnow

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
East Coast, USA
If contacts were added to address book on iPhone when it has no Internet connection, they won't appear on iCloud and I can't find way to sync them when Internet connection becomes available.
How this is supposed to work?

There is a fresh button in the top left corner of the contacts screen. Just press it and any changes not reflected in the cloud will be synced and vice versa. I've actually been cleaning up my contacts via the iCloud website today. Is certainly a welcome change from editing contacts on the iPhone itself. Have been adding addresses for all my contacts and other information I never bothered with prior to now. As soon as a I make an edit on the website my iPhone updates a few seconds later. Pretty cool. :) If I want my iPhone to update immediately or I find it's just not updating on its own hitting the refresh button will force it to sync with the cloud.

Last edited:

pronvit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
Unfortunately none of this works.

Storage & Backup is obviously for backup, not to sync device address book with address book at iCloud.com

Refresh button seems to only download changes from iCloud (so it's to be used when push is off) but doesn't upload changes to iCloud. At least for me it didn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.