Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 16, 2010
I have a new iphone 4s and I was surfing on my wireless network and now its frozen in a black screen with a loading bar that stopped loading hours ago. I can't figure out how to shut it off and the screen won't turn off. I tried plugging it in to my computer to reset it but my computer doesn't even see the iphone

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
I have a new iphone 4s and I was surfing on my wireless network and now its frozen in a black screen with a loading bar that stopped loading hours ago. I can't figure out how to shut it off and the screen won't turn off. I tried plugging it in to my computer to reset it but my computer doesn't even see the iphone

Try holding down the home and sleep buttons simultaneously.

freddy fredster

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2012
Love MacRuimors

Thank you .. that worked for me too.

iPhone 4S, 16GB, new Dec 2011 ... has always been working fine except this evening it would NOT turn off or connect to any network. ITunes was incorrectly reporting that I was 7.8 GB over the limit too.

Read your post about holding home and sleep buttons at same time.
This worked ... Thanks !!
Love MacRumors for just this kind of help.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
but what if my sleep button is faulty? its difficult to press it. :(

If it's only difficult and not impossible, then I suggest trying several times to see if you can get it to work. But that's only to resolve the frozen screen issue. If your sleep button is faulty, I suggest taking it into an Apple Store to see if they can fix it for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.