Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Oct 30, 2011, 02:53 PM   #1
Cicero76
macrumors newbie

Launch/Start a third party app in full screen?

All of the Apple apps that can go into full-screen appear to be able to be launched (started) into full screen. Is this an option for third party app developers? It appears that those third party apps that take advantage of the full-screen option can only be put into full-screen after the app is launched. Thanks!
Cicero76 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2011, 04:48 PM   #2
DoghouseMike
macrumors regular

Don't know about anything else, but I have Omnifocus open 99% of the time, and it's always in full screen. Survives shutdowns, or even just quitting the app.
Same goes for Omnioutliner, but that's not open so much.

So yes, it's possible. I guess whatever configuration it was in when it quits is the one it reopens in, so if you quit it when it's full screen, when you launch it it'll be full screen
DoghouseMike is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:02 PM   #3
Cicero76
macrumors newbie

Interesting: I don't have any Omni apps, but any third party app (1Password, Evernote,etc) I have that I close while in full-screen does not survive shutdowns. They always return to a normal window size when opened again. So, I guess the takeaway is that it's possible, but developer specific. Thx DoghouseMike.
Cicero76 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store