Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Oct 30, 2011, 09:23 PM   #1
sportsfrk214
macrumors 6502a

How do I transfer Yahoo Calendar events to iCloud?

Although I have generally found iCloud to be useless for me, I would like to use it for calendars since lately my calendar events are not syncing across my iDevices via Yahoo (which they used to do with no prob). Only problem is that I cannot figure out how to get my events from Yahoo to iCloud.

I poured through the iCloud website and there is nothing there that even hints of a calendar import feature. I was able to export the calendars from Yahoo with no problem, but I see nowhere to import.

I tried an alternate solution. I tried emailing myself the exported Yahoo Calendar files, and opening them on my iPhone. When you opened the attachments there was an option to add the events to a calendar, and so I added them to an iCloud Calendar. However that didn't work - the events just would not show up on the iCloud Calendar.

Am I missing something here or is it just not possible to do what I want to do? This seems like another baffling oversight/exclusion from Apple. I should note that I do not have a Mac so any advice regarding using iCal won't work for me. Thanks!
sportsfrk214 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2011, 11:46 PM   #2
austinguy23
macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

No way that I know of.
austinguy23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2011, 05:38 AM   #3
davehutch
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfrk214 View Post
Although I have generally found iCloud to be useless for me, I would like to use it for calendars since lately my calendar events are not syncing across my iDevices via Yahoo (which they used to do with no prob). Only problem is that I cannot figure out how to get my events from Yahoo to iCloud.

I poured through the iCloud website and there is nothing there that even hints of a calendar import feature. I was able to export the calendars from Yahoo with no problem, but I see nowhere to import.

I tried an alternate solution. I tried emailing myself the exported Yahoo Calendar files, and opening them on my iPhone. When you opened the attachments there was an option to add the events to a calendar, and so I added them to an iCloud Calendar. However that didn't work - the events just would not show up on the iCloud Calendar.

Am I missing something here or is it just not possible to do what I want to do? This seems like another baffling oversight/exclusion from Apple. I should note that I do not have a Mac so any advice regarding using iCal won't work for me. Thanks!
I don't use Yahoo! Calendar so this is just a thought, but can you sync a new calendar on your Mac to the Yahoo! calendar, copy all the events from this new calendar into your Main Mac Calendar, then sync the main Mac calendar to iCloud?
iCloud will only sync your MAIN Calendar, not a sub calendar which is why it's not working the way you've tried it.
davehutch is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier