Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emacuser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2005
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help with this question. I have a 1GHz eMac with an 80 GB hard drive. Current memory is 256 MB and I want to add another 256 MB.

Went out tonight and bought an eXtreme pc 3200 256 MB card after asking the salesman if it was compatible with my eMac.

Now, after discovering my current RAM is pc133 I'm having doubts .

Can anyone tell me whether the eXtreme memory will work with what I currently have?

Many thanks in advance.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
emacuser said:
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can help with this question. I have a 1GHz eMac with an 80 GB hard drive. Current memory is 256 MB and I want to add another 256 MB.

Went out tonight and bought an eXtreme pc 3200 256 MB card after asking the salesman if it was compatible with my eMac.

Now, after discovering my current RAM is pc133 I'm having doubts .

Can anyone tell me whether the eXtreme memory will work with what I currently have?

Many thanks in advance.

If its PC133 it is SDRAM, PC3200 is DDR they are incompatible. sorry.

Ed

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
CanadaRAM said:
There are two different eMac 1 GHz machines, one uses DDR RAM -- yours is the PC133 SDRAM version.
Go for a 512 MB module if you can afford it.

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com
wow, that must be pretty confusing. i guess that's why they make the before/after april 2k4 (think that's it) distinction...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.