Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimenez1410

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
Hey guys,

I accidentally dismissed a notification from the Notification Center and now i can't find it. Is there a way to check "old" notifications?

Thanks!

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Hey guys,

I accidentally dismissed a notification from the Notification Center and now i can't find it. Is there a way to check "old" notifications?

Thanks!

Not that I know of however notifications generally result in badges on the associated app, if enabled, so you could just look for the one with a badge.

jimenez1410

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
thanks guys,

i did look in the app but nothing, and no badges option for this app ''/

Triplehelix

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2013
Dead thread but still an unaddressed issue

Google searched 'view notification history iphone' and saw this thread from 2011. The issue still ticks me off today when I have found that there still isn't a solution to what must be a common complain.

I feel like unless you check your notification center routinely you're still going to miss stuff that makes it useful. If I'm asleep, its likely that I will have more than 10 recent items. I wish you could make items as viewed and then refresh that app in the notification center to go back to others that you haven't marked as viewed.

You can't catch it all and that's a place an awesome feature like Notifications falls way short.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.