Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Nov 2, 2011, 06:16 AM   #1
marc55
macrumors 6502

Anyone use Google Voice or similar calling APP on their touch?

Just wondering if anyone uses Google Voice or similar calling APP on their touch?

If so, does it work OK? Thank you
marc55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 03:32 PM   #2
lvblvb
macrumors newbie

similar app to Google Voice for iTouch

I occasionally use Textfree with voice, which is a free app, on my iTouch 2g. I listed my Textfree phone number as one of the phones to ring if someone dials my Google Voice number. It works well as long as you are in a wifi zone, but the headphones are a bit of a hassle, since to hear your iTouch ring, the headphones must be out of the jack. Then to answer the call, you must scramble to quickly plug in earphones that have a microphone. If both parties are using Textfree, the call is absolutely free. If you use Textfree to call out to a regular phone, there is a very inexpensive rate, like 10 cents a minute. If someone leaves a voice message on your Google Voice account, Textfree will notify you. This has saved me some money, since my TMobile prepaid account eats up dollars and minutes quickly. Also, Textfree is a good texting app. Phone call quality is excellent. I would suggest trying this app, since it's fairly easy to set up and easy to discard if you don't like it.
lvblvb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch