Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Nov 2, 2011, 08:32 AM   #1
bakerboy89
macrumors newbie

iOS5 software "corrupted" during download

Tried searching, nothing similar appeared during my search (if you managed to feel free to reply with the usual search noob, but make sure you include a link to your search )

ok here's my story
For the 2nd time (wasting 1.5gb of my 3gb monthly download ) I get the message "The software for the iPhone was corrupted during download" - error 1403

I'm using my iphone4 as my personal hotspot, running Norton 360, windows7 64bit. Before I completly lose it, what might be some glaringly obvious issues?

The previous software udate 4.3.5 was fine using Vista on my old computer

Thanks guys
bakerboy89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 08:34 AM   #2
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerboy89 View Post
Tried searching, nothing similar appeared during my search (if you managed to feel free to reply with the usual search noob, but make sure you include a link to your search )

ok here's my story
For the 2nd time (wasting 1.5gb of my 3gb monthly download ) I get the message "The software for the iPhone was corrupted during download" - error 1403

I'm using my iphone4 as my personal hotspot, running Norton 360, windows7 64bit. Before I completly lose it, what might be some glaringly obvious issues?

The previous software udate 4.3.5 was fine using Vista on my old computer

Thanks guys
Perhaps you could try downloading the files directly from Apple's site. Links to the files are in the below thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1247406
Old Nov 2, 2011, 08:41 AM   #3
bakerboy89
macrumors newbie

ok, so not through itunes?

Also as i'm in Australia, on a iphone4, i would assume the link i need is the iphone4 GSM (as per post #4)?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 08:49 AM   #4
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerboy89 View Post
ok, so not through itunes?

Also as i'm in Australia, on a iphone4, i would assume the link i need is the iphone4 GSM (as per post #4)?
Which carrier are you on? Or is there only one? I'm in the US so I'm not familiar with Australian cellular carriers/technology. I did search Google a bit though and I believe GSM is the correct one.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 09:03 AM   #5
bakerboy89
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2shyyou View Post
Which carrier are you on? Or is there only one? I'm in the US so I'm not familiar with Australian cellular carriers/technology. I did search Google a bit though and I believe GSM is the correct one.
With "3" which is now effectivly merged with "Vodaphone". Another carrier is Telstra. I do believe it will be the GSM link, just hoping someone has had and solved this issue before i waste another 800mb
Old Nov 2, 2011, 09:22 AM   #6
blacka4
macrumors regular

could you possibably connect to internet at home and try DL from there. Not through the hotspot on your phone??
Old Nov 2, 2011, 09:30 AM   #7
bakerboy89
macrumors newbie

last billing period i got stung biggggg time due to over usage of data, bit reluctant to try it atm until later in the month and i can waste some of that data, still have a gig or more on the phones allocation
Old Nov 3, 2011, 09:47 AM   #8
bakerboy89
macrumors newbie

good people of mac rumors, it has been solved

this link, http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1247406 ,but clicking on restore not update like the first post

currently restoring now, thanks a million guys

Just to sum it up:
1) If you wish to update to iOS55 but get the message "iOS5 corrupted during download" click on the link above.
2) Select your device
3) Save to C:\Users\[comp name]\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\i Tunes\ iPhone Software Updates
4) With the device selected in iTunes click Restore not update as mentioned in the links first post
5) Sit back, let it do its thing, restore to previous settings etc

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier