Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Last week, we noted that PBS is set to premiere a new documentary about Steve Jobs tonight, offering interviews with a number of prominent personalities with connections to Jobs. The documentary will also include brief clips from a rare 1994 interview in which Jobs talks about his views on life.

PBS has now released a pair of clips from the show ahead of its premiere, offering a glimpse at what viewers can expect later today.

In the first clip, author and Jobs' friend David Sheff describes a birthday party for Sean Lennon, son of John Lennon and Yoko Ono, where Jobs presented Sean with one of the first Macinstoshes to roll off the production line. While the revolutionary computer was a hit with many of the high-profile attendees at the party, Scheff focuses on artist Andy Warhol, who spent a few minutes with the machine under the instruction of Jobs.

The second clip sees The Wall Street Journal's Walt Mossberg and tech columnist and early Apple employee Robert X. Cringley discuss the complex relationship between Steve Jobs and Bill Gates, focusing on the historic All Things D interview that saw the two men on stage together back in 2007.

Airing on PBS stations around the United States under the title Steve Jobs - One Last Thing, the documentary is scheduled to premiere at 10:00 PM Eastern and Pacific, although viewers should check their local listings for details. The documentary will also premiere tonight in the UK on Channel 4 at 11:05 PM under the title Steve Jobs - iChanged the World.

Article Link: New Steve Jobs Documentary to Air Tonight on PBS and UK's Channel 4

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Sorry I'm gonna miss it. No power here in the Northeast.
Check your local listings. This program is scheduled to be rebroadcast at least seven times in my neck of the woods (SF Bay Area) after the initial airing tonight.

Most likely PBS will put the entire program online after the initial broadcast. It's a featured item in the PBS app on my iPad so it is probably a prominently promoted item on their website.

justski

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2011
this should be really good tonight. i am about half way through the book now so i wonder if they can really add much that has not already been said.

i am surprised that more talk has not gone on about steve's last words. i don't really know what to think about them.

Will do good

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
Earth
Near the end of the book. I found that I like this Steve even more. Yes, he's not a nice guy, he had many faults both in business and personal life, but he's not running for sainthood. He was a guy seeking beauty in everything around him and is not willing to settle... Here's to the crazy ones.

Can't wait to see the story.

mullman

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2004
NC
I am at the office, and just used my iPhone to connect to my DVR at home and schedule this recording.

Thank-you, Steve.

kdando

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2011
Steve Jobs documentary will be online after broadcast (In the U.S.)

To answer a question -- this documentary will be available for streaming on video.pbs.org later this week (U.S. only)

TheOrioles33

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2008
Check your local listings. This program is scheduled to be rebroadcast at least seven times in my neck of the woods (SF Bay Area) after the initial airing tonight.

Most likely PBS will put the entire program online after the initial broadcast. It's a featured item in the PBS app on my iPad so it is probably a prominently promoted item on their website.

Thanks! I will check it out. I wish I had TV at work. LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
No piece of television crap on Jobs is ever worth watching.

Get Isaacson's bio. That's the only realistic picture of Jobs in the world.

ThanksSteve

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2011
I find the differences in the personalities of Jobs and Gates an interesting story or at least an interesting backstory to the Apple/Microsoft competition. Jobs has gone after him pretty good publically and Gates always seems to take the high road except for that one interview with Jobs when Gates said he wish he had Steve's taste in what was clearly a remark referencing a statement Jobs said about him early on.

That said, Gates has been invisible for a few years so few people probably care anymore.

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
I can't wait for this. I actually used to be really close friends with Bill Fernandez's daughter, Kelly. We were hanging out one time after being friends for several months and she tells me her dad used to work for Apple. I then did a ton of research and found out exactly who he was and then treated him like gold every time in the future. Although, from that point I wasn't allowed near his phone since I was likely to take Jobs' number. It's funny, for being as big of an Apple guy as he was, the last time I was over there (two years ago) he still never owned an Intel based Mac. His daughter still ran off an iBook G4 as her primary computer for the longest time. Steve still sent them fruit baskets every year on Christmas even though Bill left Apple in '94.. :\

It will be great to see an interview where someone I know is talking about his past and thoughts on my greatest inspiration.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.