Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tokolosh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Hi there,

I finally bought a wireless card for my Mac Pro "Eight Core" 2.26 (2009/Nehalem)

In the Network utility it says:

Link status is inactive

I've connected the card and my computer seems to see it, however it does not see any networks and when I connect to my network manually it says that it's the wrong password which is not possible as my laptop is using the same password to connect.

I followed these instructions from the apple site and I do see (802.11a/b/g/n) which I guess is a good sign.

* In the section 'Model: Wireless Network Adapter," if it says (802.11a/b/g/n), you already have the 802.11n enabler installed. If it says
(802.11a/b/g), you do not have the 802.11n enabler installed.

I've pulled most of my hair out to get this working, you guys are my only hope.

Last edited:

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Go to manufacturer web site and download drivers.

If no drivers, contact them for support.

tokolosh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Thanks for your help. I was hoping someone here would know the answer as Apple will not help unless I buy their technical support service.

In the networks tab in the Airport light is yellow, the sattus shows says: on with a massage that says Airport is turned on but is not connected to a network.

in system profiler Airport tab the card shows up - card type: Airport extreme (0x168C, 0x87)

In airport Utility: AirPort Utility was unable to find any Apple wireless devices

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.