Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Nov 2, 2011, 05:46 PM   #1
ICON5o2
macrumors regular

Create a new iCloud account?

I used the same email account that I use for my Apple ID. What if I want to make a different iCloud account? Can I just go into settings/iCloud and delete the account I don't want or would that interfere with something since it's the same email that I use for my Apple ID? Would I need to create a whole new Apple ID? What steps would I need to take to create a new iCloud account?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
ICON5o2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 06:06 PM   #2
hafr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICON5o2 View Post
I used the same email account that I use for my Apple ID. What if I want to make a different iCloud account? Can I just go into settings/iCloud and delete the account I don't want or would that interfere with something since it's the same email that I use for my Apple ID? Would I need to create a whole new Apple ID? What steps would I need to take to create a new iCloud account?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
If you only want another @me.com address than the one you chose, you can add up to three aliases that will be their own @me.com addresses. You can delete the aliases, but not the "main" address.

If you want your iCloud account to be separate from your Apple ID, you need to create a new Apple ID from scratch. If you do that, you can choose to create it with a new @me.com address.
hafr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 06:25 PM   #3
ICON5o2
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafr View Post
If you only want another @me.com address than the one you chose, you can add up to three aliases that will be their own @me.com addresses. You can delete the aliases, but not the "main" address.

If you want your iCloud account to be separate from your Apple ID, you need to create a new Apple ID from scratch. If you do that, you can choose to create it with a new @me.com address.
Ok thank u for the reply!
Old Nov 4, 2011, 08:42 AM   #4
bcurtiss433
macrumors member

Where and how to do you create an alias email with a me.com email?
bcurtiss433 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2011, 10:16 AM   #5
hafr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcurtiss433 View Post
Where and how to do you create an alias email with a me.com email?
Go to your mail account on icloud.com, click the cog wheel in the upper right corner, choose preferences, addresses, Add an alias.
hafr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2011, 05:20 PM   #6
bcurtiss433
macrumors member

Quote:
Go to your mail account on icloud.com, click the cog wheel in the upper right corner, choose preferences, addresses, Add an alias.
Thank you, this worked perfect..
bcurtiss433 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 03:31 PM   #7
ICON5o2
macrumors regular

Quote:
Is it better to create a new Apple ID or to create an alias?

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services