Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Old Nov 2, 2011, 08:05 PM   #1
g00degg
macrumors newbie

Unhappy iPhone 4 iOS 5 Proximity Sensor

Hi community,

I had owned my iPhone 4 for a long while since last year August. I never have the proximity sensor issue. After installing iOS 5 the problem surfaced. I am wondering anyone else met with the same issue?

I had done recovery and factory setting for two to three times. Nothing helped. Even after I decided to ditch my backup believing that it is the old setting causing it, it won't work.

I believe that there are more pros here than discussion forum so decided to ask for help.

PS: For those who do not know what is proximity sensor issue. It is the accidental cheek press that we get when making a call.

Page 4577291022 of my thesis. When am I going to finish it. . . .
g00degg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 08:13 PM   #2
PNutts
macrumors 601

The only issue I've had with mine (so far) is my silicone case stretched and interfered with the sensor. Are you using a case (if so it would be good to reproduce without one) and do you have Applecare on yours? Sorry I don't have a quick solution for you.
PNutts is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2011, 08:16 PM   #3
g00degg
macrumors newbie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNutts View Post
The only issue I've had with mine (so far) is my silicone case stretched and interfered with the sensor. Are you using a case (if so it would be good to reproduce without one) and do you have Applecare on yours? Sorry I don't have a quick solution for you.
I am using the bumper prescribed by apple. AppleCare just expired. This don't explain the overnight issue of the Proximity Sensor after installation.

Silicone case Stretched and interfered with the sensor? Where is the sensor located? I thought it is located at the listening hole?

Page 4577291022 of my thesis. When am I going to finish it. . . .
g00degg is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 5 and earlier

Tags
iphone 4 ios5, iphone 4 problem, problem ios 5, proximity sensor