Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g00degg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
Hi community,

I had owned my iPhone 4 for a long while since last year August. I never have the proximity sensor issue. After installing iOS 5 the problem surfaced. I am wondering anyone else met with the same issue?

I had done recovery and factory setting for two to three times. Nothing helped. Even after I decided to ditch my backup believing that it is the old setting causing it, it won't work.

I believe that there are more pros here than discussion forum so decided to ask for help.

PS: For those who do not know what is proximity sensor issue. It is the accidental cheek press that we get when making a call.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
The only issue I've had with mine (so far) is my silicone case stretched and interfered with the sensor. Are you using a case (if so it would be good to reproduce without one) and do you have Applecare on yours? :) Sorry I don't have a quick solution for you.

g00degg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2007
The only issue I've had with mine (so far) is my silicone case stretched and interfered with the sensor. Are you using a case (if so it would be good to reproduce without one) and do you have Applecare on yours? :) Sorry I don't have a quick solution for you.

I am using the bumper prescribed by apple. AppleCare just expired. This don't explain the overnight issue of the Proximity Sensor after installation.

Silicone case Stretched and interfered with the sensor? Where is the sensor located? I thought it is located at the listening hole?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.