Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bpb3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
After several hours with tech support, At&t and Apple, to no avail trying to repair my Visual Voicemail that i lost after adding a daughters phone to my AT&T account which somehow reset my voicemail I found a solution.

Firstly At&t did reset my voice mail account, but when i hit the voicemail icon on the iPhone 4 iOS 5..it would only direct dial to voicemail.

I let the direct voicemail call go through, entered my password AND RERECORDED MY GREETING USING THE 3RD OPTION OF FULL PERSONAL GREETING. My iPhone then prompted me with a message saying I had the wrong voicemail password. I entered the password and Visual Voicemail re activated.

Sounds simple but it worked. This was after a couple hours of tech tricks that didn't.

It seems to me a software problem..the iphone needs the new greeting to check the password to re access the visual voice mail account.

hope this helps someone.

all the best
BB

Spectrum Abuser

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2011
Same thing happened to me when I upgraded to iOS 5. Except I didn't have to spend hours with technical support because I already had experience on how to fix it. :rolleyes:

bpb3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
good for you!

Same thing happened to me when I upgraded to iOS 5. Except I didn't have to spend hours with technical support because I already had experience on how to fix it. :rolleyes:

I'm glad you had the experience...tech support did not ..which is a shame. Hopefully they will read these posts. There is definitely a missing iOS5 button to re enter your voicemail code.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.