Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:22 AM   #1
macbookman83
macrumors 6502

Smile Apple iPhone 4 screen cracked and received a wonderful replacement!

Hey guys,

I mistakenly dropped my iPhone 4 on 10/22 and my screen cracked. I was luckily under AT&T insurance and call it in right away. After sending in the required paperwork, I received a refurbished 32GB iPhone 4 from AT&T/Asurion about two business days later.

Almost immediately after turning on the phone, I noticed it was restarting in an infinite loop (no pun intended). I then tried restarting the phone myself and was stuck with a phone that would not turn on but constantly vibrating. Due to the length of the iPhone battery, I had a black screen vibrating phone for almost 6 hours.

I was furious that I paid a $199 deductible for a defective replacement phone and immediately called both AT&T and Asurion. After waiting an additional three days to send another replacement phone, I was pleasantly surprised today to see that the phone was not only brand new and sealed but an iPhone 4s!

Long story short, AT&T and Asurion pulled through and I'm happy with my new arrival. Anyone else experience anything similar when receiving a replacement phone???
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:25 AM   #2
FreakinEurekan
macrumors Demi-God

Good deal, glad to hear customer service isn't extinct.
FreakinEurekan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:40 PM   #3
bigtrip
macrumors newbie

Back in the day, I received a brand new blackberry bold 9000 as a replacement for a broken Palm Treo through asurion. I thought I made out pretty good! I had to jump through some serious flaming hoops to do it though.
bigtrip is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:44 PM   #4
kndllalx
macrumors newbie

That's great! Congrats! ;D Well... Time to update that signature of yours :P
Canon EOS 600D
kndllalx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:50 PM   #5
jtara
macrumors 65816

Asurion replacements suck. I've NEVER gotten a good one. I haven't used them for years, and never will again.

When I did use Asurion I was with Verizon. Asurion would send me a bum phone, then I'd take it to a Verizon store where the manager had the authority to replace it with a new one from stock. Verizon store managers are all well-aware of how badly Asurion replacements suck, and so they have the authority to retain customers by providing a replacement.

I don't know why you wouldn't go with an independent insurer, such as Safeware or SquareTrade. Cheaper and better. Squaretrade doesn't cover theft, Safeware does, take your choice.
jtara is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2011, 01:21 PM   #6
macbookman83
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtara View Post
Asurion replacements suck. I've NEVER gotten a good one. I haven't used them for years, and never will again.

When I did use Asurion I was with Verizon. Asurion would send me a bum phone, then I'd take it to a Verizon store where the manager had the authority to replace it with a new one from stock. Verizon store managers are all well-aware of how badly Asurion replacements suck, and so they have the authority to retain customers by providing a replacement.

I don't know why you wouldn't go with an independent insurer, such as Safeware or SquareTrade. Cheaper and better. Squaretrade doesn't cover theft, Safeware does, take your choice.
They have been fairly decent to me.... Last year I lost my iPhone and received a brand new unit. I noticed online most of the bad reviews were related to Verizon customers..... I'm on AT&T although I don't think it should make a difference if your paying either way.

Also I live in NYC and Squaretrade doesn't cover theft, and Safeware isn't in my coverage area.

Last edited by macbookman83; Nov 3, 2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: additional note
macbookman83 is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Tags
iphone 4 insurance, iphone 4s