Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:24 PM   #1
ZazenZach
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Disk 2: Mac OSX Base System????

Can someone tell me what the heck this is?

I burnt lion to disc, restarted and went into disc utility

I end up doing a 3 pass secure erase but for some reason in the left hand corner it still says "Disk 2: Mac OSX Base System????"

Is this part of my hard drive. Is it some un-eraseable partition? I'm confused. It's not causing any technical problems I'm just curious what it is.
ZazenZach is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:27 PM   #2
benthewraith
macrumors 68030
 
benthewraith's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Miami, FL
Send a message via AIM to benthewraith Send a message via MSN to benthewraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZazenZach View Post
Can someone tell me what the heck this is?

I burnt lion to disc, restarted and went into disc utility

I end up doing a 3 pass secure erase but for some reason in the left hand corner it still says "Disk 2: Mac OSX Base System????"

Is this part of my hard drive. Is it some un-eraseable partition? I'm confused. It's not causing any technical problems I'm just curious what it is.
Just ignore it. It will go away once you install Lion.
__________________
Late-2013 13" rMBP, 2.4GHz, 8 GB RAM 250GB SSD; iPhone 5C 16GB
benthewraith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2011, 01:07 AM   #3
ZazenZach
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by benthewraith View Post
Just ignore it. It will go away once you install Lion.
lol but what is it? a hidden partition or something?
ZazenZach is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2011, 08:34 PM   #4
SideStepSociety
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Roblin, Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZazenZach View Post
lol but what is it? a hidden partition or something?
It's a trap!
__________________
For your health!
SideStepSociety is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X 10.7 Lion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How safe is it to use Mac OSX Disk utility to create and manage software RAID ? hassiman OS X Mavericks (10.9) 3 Apr 13, 2014 03:19 PM
help! iv turned my ssd drive (all of it) to OSX Base System and i cant reinstall osx nemotheswimmer OS X Mavericks (10.9) 4 Apr 2, 2014 02:26 PM
Which Mac to get 13 MBA Base 13 MBP Base Wicked1 MacBook Pro 5 Jan 9, 2013 06:27 PM
Ask for Startup disk/clean mac OSX install? oli3107 MacBook 8 Jan 2, 2013 08:52 PM
mobile OSs: Android and Mac Owners - Stepping out of the iOS/OSX Eco System soulreaver99 Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 12 Jul 5, 2012 04:15 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC