Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:39 PM   #1
gnychis
macrumors 6502

iTunes immediately crashes when I try to open it

I am having some problems with iTunes that came up all the sudden when trying to sync my iPad. It is the newest version of iTunes.

Whenever I try to open iTunes, the main window comes up and it crashes literally 1 second later. I have no chance to click on anything or do anything at all. I tried dragging iTunes to my trash and deleting it, then getting the installer from http://www.apple.com/itunes and running it.

Even after running the iTunes installer, the same exact behavior happens. It seems to try to access the app/apple store, and immediately crashes.

Does anyone have any suggestions that do not involve me losing my library?
gnychis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 08:17 PM   #2
ArchiMark
macrumors 6502

Not sure what causing this, but could be corrupted iTunes preferences files...

So, I'd search for your iTunes prefs files and delete them, then try opening up iTunes again and see what happens...worth a try....
Old Nov 30, 2011, 08:34 PM   #3
apunkrockmonk
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnychis View Post
I am having some problems with iTunes that came up all the sudden when trying to sync my iPad. It is the newest version of iTunes.

Whenever I try to open iTunes, the main window comes up and it crashes literally 1 second later. I have no chance to click on anything or do anything at all. I tried dragging iTunes to my trash and deleting it, then getting the installer from http://www.apple.com/itunes and running it.

Even after running the iTunes installer, the same exact behavior happens. It seems to try to access the app/apple store, and immediately crashes.

Does anyone have any suggestions that do not involve me losing my library?
Is this on a Hackintosh by any chance?
MacBook Pro 13" i5 2.4GHz|8GB|256GB
apunkrockmonk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store