Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 6, 2013, 07:04 AM   #26
kylecanteloupe
macrumors newbie

Exclamation This worked for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italianblend View Post
What is the safest way to get lint that is stuck down in the earphone hole (4s)?

What can you use that won't scratch the insides?
When I had this question I searched several forum with people making jokes about how 'stupid' this question was, but in reality nobody has that good of an answer aside from 'q-tips and air duster'

For those of you who do not care to risk the lint of the q-tip getting in your phone, or the liquid from canned air duster, i have a solution that worked wonderfully for removing the lint from the ear peice on the front glass:

Use a peice of scotch tape and fold it in half- sticky side out. Then use a paperclip (smallest size) and press the sticky side of the tape down into the ear peice. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF ACCESS TAPE so it doesnt get stuck down in the earpeice. After using the paper clip to place the tape into the slot, wiggle the tape around and pull it out.

VIOLA! no more lint. looks brand new. Hope this helps anyone who also has this important question.

This works great for all iPhone models.
kylecanteloupe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 09:14 AM   #27
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylecanteloupe View Post
When I had this question I searched several forum with people making jokes about how 'stupid' this question was, but in reality nobody has that good of an answer aside from 'q-tips and air duster'

For those of you who do not care to risk the lint of the q-tip getting in your phone, or the liquid from canned air duster, i have a solution that worked wonderfully for removing the lint from the ear peice on the front glass:

Use a peice of scotch tape and fold it in half- sticky side out. Then use a paperclip (smallest size) and press the sticky side of the tape down into the ear peice. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF ACCESS TAPE so it doesnt get stuck down in the earpeice. After using the paper clip to place the tape into the slot, wiggle the tape around and pull it out.

VIOLA! no more lint. looks brand new. Hope this helps anyone who also has this important question.

I know this is old, but personally, I would never put metal in there, use a toothpick.
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:09 PM   #28
Tedya
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylecanteloupe View Post

Ditto!
Tedya is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:16 PM   #29
bonskovsky
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizzaah View Post
I'd try the previously suggested canned air, or even an unfolded paperclip (probably turn the phone off first)..

neither should cause you any issues unless you're like jamming the paper clip in the headphone jack lol
why spend money on canned air when you could just use a good ole

bonskovsky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:17 AM   #30
Defender2010
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italianblend View Post
Now I don't know what to do. Is there any real advice?
A broken matchstick.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 03:21 PM   #31
jmoss86
macrumors newbie

I recently had the same problem and I've registered just to post what I found to work.

1. Get a solid copper wire, about size 26 AWG.
2. Take a pair of pliers and bend the shape the wire into a small cork screw with one or two loops.
3. Turn off your device and carefully insert the wire into the audio jack until you reach the top of the lint.
4. Carefully turn the wire to screw the wire into the lint.
5. Carefully pull out the wire and retrieve the lint.
6. Repeat as necessary until the obstruction is cleared.

I hope this helps!
jmoss86 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2013, 03:39 PM   #32
Han Solo 1
macrumors 6502

Safest way is in the shower, or right afterwards, using a Q-tip with warm water. Just don't go too deep into your ear hole, as you can damage your eardrum that way!
Han Solo 1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2013, 05:10 PM   #33
C DM
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo 1 View Post
Safest way is in the shower, or right afterwards, using a Q-tip with warm water. Just don't go too deep into your ear hole, as you can damage your eardrum that way!
Not exactly what the thread is about...
C DM is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2013, 04:37 AM   #34
Puff daddy
macrumors newbie

I use a cu tip on my ear followed by sum water
Puff daddy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone