Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 4, 2011, 08:05 PM   #1
Josh125
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Katy, TX
Bluetooth with Ford SYNC - Issue

I have a bit of an issue that I can't seem to resolve. I have my 4s paired with the SYNC in my truck which also allows me to play music over Bluetooth. This all works fine, however every time I start the truck and it pairs the iPhone starts streaming music. I can't find any options to set to only stream when I want to, not every time.

Any help?
__________________
3.06 GHz
Josh125 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2011, 08:41 PM   #2
Jody
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh125 View Post
I have a bit of an issue that I can't seem to resolve. I have my 4s paired with the SYNC in my truck which also allows me to play music over Bluetooth. This all works fine, however every time I start the truck and it pairs the iPhone starts streaming music. I can't find any options to set to only stream when I want to, not every time.

Any help?
I have the same problem with Sync... Always starts the music playing the second it pairs with the car. It's pretty annoying
Jody is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2011, 08:44 PM   #3
schizbomb
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas
Odd.

My iPhone 4 would as soon as it turned on and I loved it, but I cannot get my 4S to do the same, it always defaults to line in, and I have manually tell it to use bluetooth audio.

I would love to know how to get it to auto-play again.

2009 Explorer here
__________________
15" Early 2011 MBP, 2.0 GHz i7, 8 GB G.Skill 1333MHz RAM, 256 GB Toshiba SSD
iPhone 5S 64GB Space Grey
schizbomb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2011, 09:03 PM   #4
Josh125
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Katy, TX
It doesn't change my inputs, just starts streaming even though the input remains on sat.

Jody, I've gone through every screen I think I can looking for a setting with no luck. If I can remember my password to Ford's SYNC forum I'll post this there as well.

Since there are different iterations of SYNC i will follow schiz's lead and post my model -- 2010 F150.
__________________
3.06 GHz
Josh125 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2011, 07:47 AM   #5
andy769
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh125 View Post
I have a bit of an issue that I can't seem to resolve. I have my 4s paired with the SYNC in my truck which also allows me to play music over Bluetooth. This all works fine, however every time I start the truck and it pairs the iPhone starts streaming music. I can't find any options to set to only stream when I want to, not every time.

Any help?
I'm not sure if your f150 is the same but this is how it works on my 2011 Taurus. Basically if you leave the aux set to Bluetooth audio every time you start the car music will start streaming. Switch the aux to line in before you shut your car off and the next time you start your car it shouldn't start streaming. I know it's a pain but that's pretty much the way it works. The car remembers the last setting you were using.

Also about a month or two ago there was a software update available for sync on my Taurus which solved most of my disconnecting issues. Check syncmyride.com for updates to your software.

Hope this helps
andy769 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2011, 07:50 AM   #6
Josh125
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Katy, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy769 View Post
I'm not sure if your f150 is the same but this is how it works on my 2011 Taurus. Basically if you leave the aux set to Bluetooth audio every time you start the car music will start streaming. Switch the aux to line in before you shut your car off and the next time you start your car it shouldn't start streaming. I know it's a pain but that's pretty much the way it works. The car remembers the last setting you were using.

Also about a month or two ago there was a software update available for sync on my Taurus which solved most of my disconnecting issues. Check syncmyride.com for updates to your software.

Hope this helps
Excellent information, I will give it a shot this morning.
__________________
3.06 GHz
Josh125 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2011, 07:49 PM   #7
Josh125
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Katy, TX
No dice, the iPhone still starts streaming when I turn the truck on even if I turned it off with something else selected such as the jukebox. I will see if there is a SYNC update available I guess. It doesnt actually play from the speakers but it's sucking precious battery life.
__________________
3.06 GHz
Josh125 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2011, 07:21 AM   #8
andy769
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh125 View Post
No dice, the iPhone still starts streaming when I turn the truck on even if I turned it off with something else selected such as the jukebox. I will see if there is a SYNC update available I guess. It doesnt actually play from the speakers but it's sucking precious battery life.
That's so weird. Sorry I couldn't help. Hopefully there is a software update that fixes it. Good luck.
andy769 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2012, 09:07 AM   #9
mcgeggy
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
solution?

Has anyone found a solution to this issue? Was there a Sync update that resolved things and didn't create new problems? Or a settings option that was overlooked?

I'm talking about the Sync autostreaming via bluetooth, even though the input is still on something else (i.e Sat, CD, etc)?

I guess I'll take a shot and mention a few other things that have been irking me:

1. On the Sync Call History screen, why does it only show tel.#'s? On my old phone (Razr V3) it would show the names associated with those numbers in call history.

2. On my old phone, bluetooth would remain off on the phone until I got in the car and started it, then the bluetooth would turn on and connect. With the iphone, bluetooth seems to always be "on".

iphone 4S
2009 Ford Fusion
mcgeggy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:03 AM   #10
Roland.Pinsdorf
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
MP3 Id Tag

Hello

Does anybody know how to see the music name, artist and so on when you connect to the Ford Sync system using bluetooth of an iPhone4 or 4s?

I can stream the music using bluetooth but no information is available.

Is any upgrade or something similar to be done?

Thanks
Roland
Roland.Pinsdorf is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone 4S bluetooth to Ford SYNC...Help please kennyd iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 7 Oct 24, 2011 09:34 PM
Sir + Ford Sync - WTB Bluetooth "start talking to siri" button... Virance iPhone 4 Oct 15, 2011 11:16 AM
Problem with iTunes sync - wants me to Restore newrazr Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 7 Sep 28, 2010 11:28 AM
Apple iPad with Ford Sync DetroitBORG iPad 4 May 4, 2010 10:52 AM
Does anyone use their iPod with Ford Sync? silvrbullet iPod 2 Jun 30, 2009 12:46 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC