Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
Going to work isn't so bad. Strip away the daily heartache, and I'm left with a nice sanctum sanctorum.
17" iMac Superdrive 1GB RAM
15" AlBook 1GB RAM Superdrive
12" Sony Vaio for Pinball
AXIM handheald for Scrabble
Ovation Acoustic Electric for those times when you want to drown out the cacophony.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Here's mine:

claysoffice.jpg

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Chip NoVaMac said:
So you always take your lenses to work with you? :)

I always take my whole gear bag with me. My dad always told me to NEVER be without my camera, so I listen.

I do a lot of stock photography for marine publictions and we're right next to a boatyard. Use the zoom to get a lot of candid shots of people working on their boats. ;)

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
iGary said:
Use the zoom to get a lot of candid shots of people working on their boats. ;)

do you have to get the people's permission to use them in a photo you might sell? asking out of curiosity, not to be a jackass. hah

my office is a cubicle with a dell and a boring old dell monitor.... so, i'm jealous of most of your setups

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
jelloshotsrule said:
do you have to get the people's permission to use them in a photo you might sell? asking out of curiosity, not to be a jackass. hah

my office is a cubicle with a dell and a boring old dell monitor.... so, i'm jealous of most of your setups

Not if it is for exclusive editorial use, and as long as they are in plain view (not on private property, inside a closed area). This boatyard is overlooked by about 50 offices and a couple hundred people walk in and out of there every day. They'd have a hard time claiming invasion of privacy.

Definitely a no-no for advertising. I had to get nine model releases for one restaurant shot the other night. Talk about a pain in the butt.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
iGary said:
Not if it is for exclusive editorial use, and as long as they are in plain view (not on private property, inside a closed area).

gotcha. one other question - what is "exclusive editorial use"?

my brother did some photography at a political convention (on behalf of the campaign) and had to get waivers from everyone in the pictures for web use... he found it quite annoying. hah

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
jelloshotsrule said:
gotcha. one other question - what is "exclusive editorial use"?

my brother did some photography at a political convention (on behalf of the campaign) and had to get waivers from everyone in the pictures for web use... he found it quite annoying. hah

The political convention was a private event, he was smart to get the releases.

Editorial use is for a story, or a magazine article - anything that is an informative or informational piece regardless of the content. Not advertising.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
iGary said:
The political convention was a private event, he was smart to get the releases.

Editorial use is for a story, or a magazine article - anything that is an informative or informational piece regardless of the content. Not advertising.

far off topic, but last post on it...

he was instructed to, otherwise he wouldn't have known. hah. in a way i'd have thought that as a private invite only type event, photos for use on the campaign website would've been ok with all involved implicitly. it's an interesting thing to me. i suppose campaign materials, though informative, are also "advertising" in a way? they probably have some special rules about them anyways. ok sorry bout that digression

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I think that all of the above office pictures are quite nice. Thanks for sharing. Nice to see the inter-sanctum of where fellow forum members work.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
iGary and Clayj's thematic and beautiful setups still wow me... :)

Wish that my office (High Schools) setup was as nice as these...:(

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Here's a couple from the last degree show, I authored a whole bunch of DVD's, got through about 24 in a week or so, my desk usually has the PowerBook, the 2 DP G5's are from one of the labs...

Attachments

• Picture(12).jpg
    Picture(12).jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 162
  • Picture(11).jpg
    Picture(11).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 153

Guitarius

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2004
Louisiana
Well, this is mine. It's a corner. It's small. It does the job.

Is it possible to have too many books? 'Cause that's only two of the four shelves of books I have.

Attachments

• Corner Fixed.jpg
    Corner Fixed.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 157

stubeeef

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2004
Some good displays, but not apple esk.

Attachments

• astra_cockpit.jpg
    astra_cockpit.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 233

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
stubeeef said:
Some good displays, but not apple esk.

Dude, what do you need all those avionics for? Pfft. Nothing a taped up sectional and a pencil wouldn't take care of. :p

Oil pressure, N1 - not important at all. :D

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
iGary said:
Dude, what do you need all those avionics for? Pfft. Nothing a taped up sectional and a pencil wouldn't take care of. :p

Oil pressure, N1 - not important at all. :D

Tell that to the poor sap of an "instructor" that had Blackhawks and F-16's firing flares at him this past week. I am sorry, that close to the DC area and h had no idea about the restricted airspace?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.