Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The Wall Street Journal's D: All Things Digital Conference takes place May 22-24, 2005. This "executive" conference takes a unqiue format:

The third edition of D: All Things Digital takes place May 22-24, 2005. It'll be three days of unscripted, frank interviews with the leaders of the digital revolution, responding live onstage to the kinds of tough, smart questions that only The Wall Street Journal’s Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher can ask.

Speakers include Steve Jobs, Bill Gates and many other industry leaders. Steve Jobs has participated in previous years. Last year's event coincided with Airport Express and iTunse 4.6 announcements.

There is some speculation that an Airport Remote could be in the works, and also some rumblings of video-enabled Airports. Direct coverage of the event is usually very limited, but we will try to link/quote any available information that becomes available.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Between the deal that you get a $30 gift certificate with the AirPort Express if you buy it through the iTunes Music Store link and the fact that several stores seem to be out of stock of the AirPort Express - yeah expect an update by the end of the month I'd say.

So I kinda need another one...do I buy it now, or do I wait? Maybe Apple will drop the price on the current one for those that don't want/need the new features.

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
Walter Mossberg is a huge Apple fan - I don't think I've ever seen a negative review from him of an Apple product before - So it will probably be a very pro-Apple environment for Steve...

Sounds like it will be a very interesting discussion though - I wonder how much of that wil be available to see/hear/read?

d.perel

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2005
m-dogg said:
Walter Mossberg is a huge Apple fan - I don't think I've ever seen a negative review from him of an Apple product before - So it will probably be a very pro-Apple environment for Steve...

Sounds like it will be a very interesting discussion though - I wonder how much of that wil be available to see/hear/read?
Yeah, I'm not sure that he will be that striking of a question-provider for this crowd, but then again, what's a little good press?

Porchland

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2004
Georgia
I'm told by someone involved with the conference that Steve Jobs is going to wear a yellow track suit and lop off Bill Gates noggin' with a Hatori Hanzo. Seems a little over the top to me.

iJaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2004
840quadra said:
I hope if Steve is going to unveil something new, it comes to us unexpected! A surprise every once in a while is good to have
I guess ThinkSecret will ruin the surprises for us, as usual these days :cool:

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
ZLurker said:
with a airport remote i would by a airport express with airtunes, if not a couple of them! :p
Yup, same here. Just moved into a new apartment and I need a 'controller' for my bedroom. i can see apple packaging this remote with a airport express for $200. At minimum, I see the express dropping below $100.

wish list:

1. airtunes remote
2. video stream to airport express AV
3. video ipods
4. open developer kit for the remote so 3rd party apps could be controlled by the remote as well (think eyeTV, powerpoint, etc.).

davidgeller

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2005
I'll be there

I'll try and blog. Though, with the speed at which things happen, anything truly interesting is bound to be shared by others, perhaps even before the event. Jobs speaks at a dinner event Sunday evening. If you're on this list and going - drop me a note. Perhaps we can hook up. I'll be the one with the PowerBook. :)

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
I ordered my Airport Express minutes after its announcement last year. I really hope something equally cool is released this year, even if I'm broke and would not be able to buy it just yet...

iPhone, anyone...?

Object-X

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2004
He won't spill the beans just yet

Steve won't spill the beans about the Cell chip until the Developers Conference. Sun is going to announce the big plan on June 1 and Jobs will show us what it's really all about during his keynote.

Remember Job's The Next Wave of the Internet from 2001?

Here it comes...

loneAzdgari

macrumors member
Apr 4, 2003
UK, KENT
When the hell are we getting new iBooks?! I'm selling my eMac now so I'll be computer-less until they update the iBook line!

BTW, Spelling mistake in title: Digtial should be Digital. :p

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
Hmm this and WWDC in the same 2-3 week period this could be great press for apple, and if they start showing there ads with this good press it could be awsome for there computer section.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
840quadra said:
I hope if Steve is going to unveil something new, it comes to us unexpected! A surprise every once in a while is good to have

Anything to "one-up" Bill is fantastic. If its innovative, Bill has to applaud and put a big smile on his face for the cameras, get jealous, and think to himself, "Why didn't WE think of that?!" :cool:

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
PlaceofDis said:
awesome, wonder what if anything apple has up their sleeves for this year's event

iTMS subscription service
Bye-bye Napster
Yahoo, we hardly knew you

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
dongmin said:
Yup, same here. Just moved into a new apartment and I need a 'controller' for my bedroom. i can see apple packaging this remote with a airport express for $200. At minimum, I see the express dropping below $100.

wish list:

1. airtunes remote
2. video stream to airport express AV
3. video ipods
4. open developer kit for the remote so 3rd party apps could be controlled by the remote as well (think eyeTV, powerpoint, etc.).

Sounds Good, but we need to save some things for WWDC, but I guess that leaves the iBooks, Mac Mini, and the Tri 3ghz PM! :D

PS- I have to post this even though this is completely off topic, but today in the Seattle Times there was an artivle about the Xbox 360 and in Japan they asked people who they thought the consol was from and people answered mostly Apple which I guess made MS excited. Hopefully MS doesn't copy apple. On that note, is apples silver and white exteriors patented. What about the dock?

mafwoj

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2005
I can just hear Steve now:
"last year I was asked about video, ... so here's the new Airport Express *HD*"

(don't quote me on the HD part, though it would be awesome)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.